Monday, April 7, 2008

Taking out the trash-LITERALLY!!!

I love my kids, I love my kids, I love my kids.......
I just had to repeat that to myself again, because just remembering this little incident has strirred up some not so loving feelings in me. On sunday (Brian was on call-of course) the kids wanted pancakes for breakfast. So when I was getting the stuff out to make them, I realized I had an outdated carton of eggs in the fridge. So I threw them in the garbage and finished making breakfast. About a half hour later when I was on the computer checking my e-mail Katelyn came in and informed me that Ethan had some eggs and was breaking them all over. Sure enough there was a trail of broken eggs leading from our garbage can to the kitchen floor, to the couch and finally ending on the carpet in the corner of our living room. Which was were I found Ethan standing with his head buried in the corner of the wall(which is where he goes when he knows he has done something very naughty). So to sum it up, me and my steam cleaner had a fun day of egg removal, while Ethan cried himself to sleep in his crib(I am feeling only slightly bad about that now). Oh the joys of having children!
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Julie said...

Jenny, Welcome to the blogging world. I am so proud of you for getting your blog up and going! You are doing a great job. The pictures are adorable, I sure miss those kiddos! Wow, wasn't that steam cleaner the best investment ever!!! love ya!

The Mathews Family said...

Oh man. I've been there. That horrible place where they've done something so rotten and messy and you just want to scream at the top of your lungs and .... you know. But, inside somewhere, you know that you'll laugh about it someday. Someday a long long time from now! Poor Ethan.. POOR JENNY!

Kate said...

Jenny!! I saw your blog address on Jen Mortensen's blog and had to check it out. You guys look so good. It is fun to see pictures of your kids, they are getting so big. I hope all is well!
Kate

Tiffany said...

Hi Jenny! This is Tiffany from Glendale. I found your blog from Jen's. How are you guys? We have been living in SLC for two years. Your kids are so cute! Our blog is nostrabellavita.blogspot.com.

Jo and Jeff said...

Jenny, I didn't know you had a blog. I am so glad. Now we can keep in touch. I am so sad that we won't live close anymore. I consider you a dear friend, and I will never forget you. Your kids are so awesome. Way to go Ethan!!!... just kidding. i might have to invest in one of those steam cleaners.. sounds better than scrubbing all day.
Well, stay cute and cool! Send me your email so I can invite you to our blog. beaner@xmission.com
Love, Jo Baugh